Mercy Corps is the lead implementing partner for the Empowering Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) program to reduce financial and education barriers for marginalized Nigerian adolescent girls ages 16 to 19.
ENGINE will increase girls’ access to
(1) financial education and leadership/transferable skills;
(2) peer-to-peer networks and mentors; and
(3) direct assets (materials and savings).
ENGINE will integrate adolescent girls into value chains as well as conduct other market-driven employment opportunities. ENGINE will also work with girls in formal and informal education to increase their learning opportunities and outcomes to prepare them for future economic activities.
Project Location(s) : Kano, Kaduna, FCT, Lagos
Timeframe: 25th November – 4th December, 2013
Purpose / Project Description
Mercy Corps will be carrying out a mapping of marginalised girls across the four states, to identify which girls meet the marginalisation criteria for the program. Enumerators are needed to gather this data in partnership with the local implementation partners for ENGINE in each state.
- Enumerators must currently reside in either Kano, Kaduna, FCT or Lagos, and should additionally reside within the specific LGAs mentioned below or have specific knowledge of the LGAs:
- Enumerators should have a relevant undergraduate degree (or be currently completing a degree)
- Enumerators should have experience in data collection and community sensitization.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Candidates should submit your CV and cover letter addressing the key criteria above to :
Michelle Lokot, Acting Program Manager: email@example.com – stating in the subject line ‘Kano’, ‘Kaduna’, ‘FCT’ or ‘Lagos’ based on the state you are applying for.
Don’t forget to:
Follow our blog via email to get updates sent to your mail box.
Join our groups
We are closer to you than ever. Let’s be friends!