Please note that this is a professional volunteer role for Lagos residents only.
The Workplace Youth Initiative is organizing a youth empowerment program (in collaboration with the Oracle Academy) to teach 25 undergraduate students in tertiary institutions Java Foundation for free. In addition, the program would include a six-month mentorship/internship. The program will take place at Victoria Island, Lagos state, Nigeria, between August 21 to 26, 2017 at 8am to 6pm daily.
Volunteer facilitators are needed to help train the 25 participants on the Java Foundation program using an approved Oracle curriculum.
The volunteer has to be:
-experienced in Oracle Java Programming, with the ability to teach
-available for assessment meeting with Oracle team
-available for the entire period of the program/Training
-an Oracle Certified Java Professional
HOW TO INDICATE INTEREST TO VOLUNTEER
Step 1: Read the post requirements above carefully, taking note of the location
Step 2: Make sure you are resident in the state where the opening exists and you are certified as required
Step 3: If you are fully available and interested, kindly register at http://volunteers.volunteerinnigeria.org (skip this step if you have registered in the past)
Step 4: Drop us a comment below this post (NOT the registration page) with your name, active phone number, and active email address.
NOTE: Your comments with personal information will not be published. Please do not leave a comment if you have not registered and be sure to leave a comment on this very page with the opening announcement after you register. We will close recruitment in about a week. Therefore, your comment needs to come in (and follow the guidelines above) within that recruitment window to be considered. Unfortunately, we may be unable to reach out to everyone due to limited openings. Please bear with us and do not be discouraged from trying again. Thank you!
The Tech Needs Girls project aims to encourage more girls to venture into STEM fields particularly ICT, bridging the ‘Digital Divide’, improving the quality of education in Nigeria and as a result reducing the poverty level in the country.
Its objectives are:
- To scout for girls that are interested in STEM fields
- To increase digital literacy in young girls in Nigeria
- To increase female involvement in the creation of ICT solutions in Nigeria
- To create a community of highly competent female coders who can create secure & sustainable livelihoods
Project Officers are required to carry out these three basic and specific tasks:
- Train the girls on digital literacy
- Train the girls on coding
- Serve as a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Asides these fundamental duties, the Project Officer may be required to carry out other duties all relating to the project such as logistics support and public relations.
The Project Officer must:
- be willing to live in Minna, Nigeria under basic conditions, (electricity and running water will not be constant)
- be passionate about the development of the girl child
- have strong skills in at least one of the following: software programming, mobile app development and website designing.
- be able and willing to raise funds
- have strong teamwork skills
- be able to commit at least 6 months to the project
- be able to fund their travel to Nigeria (for volunteers outside Nigeria)
HOW TO APPLY TO VOLUNTEER
Step 1: Register at http://volunteers.volunteerinnigeria.org (skip this step if you have registered in the past)
Step 2: Drop us a comment below this post with your name and phone number.
(Comments with personal information will not be published. Please do not leave a comment if you have not registered and be sure to leave a comment after you register)
From the Admin/Communications Team
For: Volunteer in Nigeria
Add us as friend: http://www.facebook.com/naijavolunteers
Register here: http://volunteers.volunteerinnigeria.org
Our #IVD2014 project: volunteerinnigeria.org/ivd2014