Founded since 2012, Mind Alignment Centre (MAC) continues to empower young people to create transformational opportunities for themselves and others. By helping them to develop the skills, values and habits to transform their immediate environment and communities, we continue to identify, align and connect the next generation of leaders.
ITELP 2017 is an intensive 20-day fun-filled teenage leadership camp for young people between ages 13-19 organised by MAC, and set to hold between 31st July and 19th August, 2017. Young people from different schools and families would learn social innovation, develop problem-solving skills and engage in service learning projects at various community sites.
Through deep dive into readings, simulations, project-based learning and Human Centred Design lectures delivered by skilled and certified facilitators, TELPians would develop life skills and competencies to use their initiatives to solve real life problems and generate ideas for shared prosperity.
Volunteers are needed to serve as programme facilitators, using the organisation’s curriculum. Volunteers are required to be present at camp site by 28th July 2017 (for training and orientation). They also need to be present at the camp all through the duration of the programme. However, volunteers would be given a day off in exceptional cases.
- possess good communication and collaboration skills
- have a passion for young people and Africa
- possess good self-drive, self-mastery and control
- love to help others identify and solve their problems
- be willing to share room with a fellow camp facilitator
Key Responsibilities of volunteers include:
- Volunteers will be trained on arrival on how to deliver the curriculum
- Self- study lesson guides and peer-to-peer feedback sessions
- Facilitate lessons in teams
- Observe participants’ retention and engagement level
- Guide students through Service Learning Project process
- Write advisory comments to parents
- Serve as chaperons for fun trips and visit to community site
Location: Samonda, Ibadan
As a volunteer, you would:
- Have unique and measurable opportunities to develop life skills
- Have access to international professional development opportunities and recommendation available within our network.
- Have opportunities to develop quality relationships with some of the best students in Ibadan and successful enterprises across the country
- Receive a certification of completion after the camp
- Receive a personified recommendation letter
MAC is pleased to provide accommodation and feeding to all volunteers throughout their stay on Camp.
HOW TO INDICATE INTEREST TO VOLUNTEER
Step 1: Read the post requirements above carefully, taking note of the location
Step 2: Make sure you are resident in the state where the opening exists
Step 3: If you are fully available and interested, kindly register at http://volunteers.volunteerinnigeria.org (skip this step if you have registered in the past)
Step 4: Drop us a comment below this post (NOT the registration page) with your name, active phone number, and active email address.
NOTE: Your comments with personal information will not be published. Please do not leave a comment if you have not registered and be sure to leave a comment on this very page with the opening announcement after you register. We close recruitment in about a week or two. Therefore, your comment needs to come in (and follow the guidelines above) within that recruitment window to be considered. Unfortunately, we may be unable to reach out to everyone due to limited openings. Please bear with us and do not be discouraged from trying again. Thank you!