Mind Alignment Centre (MAC) is a non-profit organisation with the vision to establish a network of value-driven families, aligning them with leadership values to create and sustain ethical and entrepreneurial leadership in Nigeria. Through leadership education, hands-on workshops, counselling, advocacy and active engagement in solving community problems; MAC inspires collaboration and value-driven relationships amongst youths.
The organisation has launched the Ibadan Teenage Entrepreneurial Leadership Programme (ITELP). ITELP is an intensive 100-hour empowerment programme, which will teach 60 teenagers career profiling, Entrepreneurial Leadership (EL) education, service learning projects, prototyping, patriotism and global citizenship education and idea pitching.
ITELP will run at MKO Abiola way, Ring Road, Ibadan, Oyo state, from 1st August to 2nd September, 2016 between the hours of 10am – 2pm on Monday to Friday.
Volunteers are needed to serve as programme facilitators, using the organisation’s curriculum. Volunteers will be trained on how to deliver the curriculum.
Key responsibilities of volunteers include:
• Self- study lesson guides and prepare/adopt lesson notes
• Facilitate lessons and class readings
• Observe participants’ retention and engagement level
• Guide students through Service Learning Project process
• Act as chaperone on offsite trips
• Assist other facilitators, supervisors and directors in ensuring the delivery of quality learning experience to all participants
• Serve as student advisors and prepare comments on each assigned advisees to be sent to parents/guardians
Volunteers are required to:
- Possess good communication and collaboration skills
• Be passionate about young people
• Be able to guide people in learning and practicing teamwork.
• Possess good self-mastery and control
• Be self-driven, energetic, and organised in recording keeping
• Possess minimum of Diploma in any field
• Be resident in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria
HOW TO INDICATE INTEREST TO VOLUNTEER
Step 1: Register at http://volunteers.volunteerinnigeria.org (skip this step if you have registered in the past)
Step 2: Drop us a comment below this post with your name, active phone number, role interested in, and active email address.
(Comments with personal information will not be published. Please do not leave a comment if you have not registered and be sure to leave a comment on this very page with the opening announcement after you register)