Root2Fruit Foundation is an NGO focused on positively impacting the education sector in Northern Nigeria. We provide scholarships to students from disadvantaged backgrounds and also fund programs that provide skills training in secondary schools. We are seeking a volunteer who can act as an administration/communication officer on a part time basis. Office space will be provided and certain expenses will be covered. The position is based in Wuse 2, Abuja.
The volunteer will be involved in administration and communication tasks such as:
• Preparing scholarship documentation and updating student records
• Making filings at Corporate Affairs Commission
• Registering and communicating with potential partner organisations
• Taking minutes during team meetings
• Liaising with website developers to provide content for website
• Conducting relevant research and proposing fundraising ideas
• Responding to enquiries by email or telephone
• Creating and updating social media accounts
The candidate should reside in Abuja and be willing to attend meetings with Foundation members. The candidate should be interested in the education sector and be willing to contribute ideas on achieving the group’s goals. The candidate should be computer literate and comfortable with using Microsoft Office programs. The candidate should be familiar with how to use different social media platforms. The candidate should be well organised and willing to show initiative in performing their duties. We expect that some aspects of the work can be done online or over the phone at the volunteer’s convenience. The assignment will be on an ongoing basis but for at least a year to begin with.
HOW TO INDICATE INTEREST TO VOLUNTEER
Step 1: Register at http://volunteers.volunteerinnigeria.org (skip this step if you have registered in the past)
Step 2: Drop us a comment below this post with your name, active phone number, role interested in, and active email address.
(Comments with personal information will not be published. Please do not leave a comment if you have not registered and be sure to leave a comment on this very page with the opening announcement after you register)