The Tech Needs Girls project aims to encourage more girls to venture into STEM fields particularly ICT, bridging the ‘Digital Divide’, improving the quality of education in Nigeria and as a result reducing the poverty level in the country.
Its objectives are:
- To scout for girls that are interested in STEM fields
- To increase digital literacy in young girls in Nigeria
- To increase female involvement in the creation of ICT solutions in Nigeria
- To create a community of highly competent female coders who can create secure & sustainable livelihoods
Project Officers are required to carry out these three basic and specific tasks:
- Train the girls on digital literacy
- Train the girls on coding
- Serve as a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Asides these fundamental duties, the Project Officer may be required to carry out other duties all relating to the project such as logistics support and public relations.
The Project Officer must:
- be willing to live in Minna, Nigeria under basic conditions, (electricity and running water will not be constant)
- be passionate about the development of the girl child
- have strong skills in at least one of the following: software programming, mobile app development and website designing.
- be able and willing to raise funds
- have strong teamwork skills
- be able to commit at least 6 months to the project
- be able to fund their travel to Nigeria (for volunteers outside Nigeria)
HOW TO APPLY TO VOLUNTEER
Step 1: Register at http://volunteers.volunteerinnigeria.org (skip this step if you have registered in the past)
Step 2: Drop us a comment below this post with your name and phone number.
(Comments with personal information will not be published. Please do not leave a comment if you have not registered and be sure to leave a comment after you register)
From the Admin/Communications Team
For: Volunteer in Nigeria
Register here: http://volunteers.volunteerinnigeria.org
Our #IVD2014 project: volunteerinnigeria.org/ivd2014