We have privileged information from one of our partners on the internship opening detailed below. You can help our work as well by submitting an opportunity or getting involved. See here.
Post: IT Officer (Intern)
Reports To: Manager, Information Technology
Location: Junior Achievement Nigeria Head Office, Lekki, Lagos state.
Term: Minimum 6 Month Commitment
Start Date: July 2014
The IT Officer at Junior Achievement Nigeria will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide backup and support the IT Manager. He/she will monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the organization. He/She may install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person. The person will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and getting visibility for our organization.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Provide first level IT Support for all JAN staff
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate when required
- Ensure that backup of staff Data is carried out frequently
- Providing assistance as required to the IT Manager
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the IT Manager
- Performing basic administrative support duties as required, to meet specific operational objectives
- Undertaking small-to-medium sized IT Projects as instructed by the IT Manager.
- Monitor and Update our existing social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.2 – 5 updates each week
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our organization
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Develop and launch social campaigns, competitions and contests
- Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
- Identify key metrics and track growth on all channels as well as compile weekly progress reports
Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, possesses functional knowledge
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Experience in proof-reading and editing
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
- Is self-directed, eager to meet and exceed objectives, and excited to take on more responsibility
- Brings to the position organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate results to Manager
- Ability to plan, organize, and evaluate tasks at hand as well as foresee upcoming creative opportunities
- Strong commitment to ethics, honesty, and integrity in conducting business
- Opportunity to join the team of the world’s oldest and largest non-profit economic education organization
- References gladly given for successful internship
- Opportunities for increased responsibility
- Increase your knowledge and build your resume on IT and social media
About Junior Achievement Nigeria
Junior Achievement has a mission to inspire and educate young people to become conscientious business leaders. We achieve this by implementing economic education programs that develop attitudes and skills necessary for personal success and social responsibility.
JA started operations in Nigeria in the last quarter of 1999, and since then has reached over 500,000 students in over six hundred and fifty schools in Lagos, Sagamu, Ota, Abeokuta, Ibadan, Ilorin, Abuja, Jos, Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi, Port Harcourt, Warri, Uyo, Calabar and Enugu through over 1000+ volunteers and teachers. Junior Achievement Nigeria (JA Nigeria) offers FREE business economic education programs tailored to add value to young people between the ages of 5 – 27 in Nigeria. JA Nigeria is seeking to reach 1,000,000 young people in Nigeria by the end of year 2020.
If interested, please send resume, cover letter by July 10th (including why you’re interested in the IT Officer role and Junior Achievement Nigeria) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high numbers of applicants for this internship opportunity, we regret that we can only respond to candidates that we would like to interview.