A youth engagement project of the Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative of the US Consulate General Lagos has partnered with us to facilitate the recruitment of 35 credible volunteers for its upcoming Leadership and Entrepreneurship training of students of public secondary schools in Lagos. The goal of the initiative is to reach 1000 students in 5 public secondary schools.
IDEAL PROFILE OF VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers should be:
– Passionate about teaching Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Social Change
– Available for 6 Wednesdays between October and November 2013
– Available for 2 Saturdays in August 2013 (for training).
Volunteers may fall into any of these 3 categories:
– Working class professionals who can spare 3 hours every Wednesday for 6 weeks between October and November
– Entrepreneurs who manage/run their own businesses and have flexible schedules
– Students who run their own businesses or have ran a business in the last two years
NOTE: Previous facilitation experience and experience working with youth will be an added advantage. Volunteers would be subject to assessment to ensure they are a good fit.
+Get a weekly transportation stipend
+Be awarded a certificate of volunteering from Promenade Youth Initiative and Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative of the US Consulate General, Lagos
+Be hosted to a closing dinner/lunch
+Get the opportunity to meet and network with young professionals passionate about social change in Nigeria
+ Be part of a network of change agents making a difference in Nigeria
LOCATIONS (Volunteers will have to choose their preferred location):
APPLY BY FILLING THE FORM BELOW:
HELP SOMEONE FIND OUT: SHARE !
+ Send this as a BC (Broadcast message) if you use a Blackberry (Remember to tell them to re-broadcast).
+ Forward to your email contacts and tell them to forward to their contacts as well
+Re-post this to your website or blog
+ Share this post on Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn, and any other platform you use