We are recruiting volunteers for a public oral health project directed at adolescents and culminating in a World Record Attempt taking place simultaneously at over 300 locations in Lagos. Based on the nature of the project, over 3,000 volunteers would be needed to facilitate planning and implementation of the project. This presents an opportunity for volunteers to gain invaluable project management experience, especially since the project is set to break a world record. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A CHARITABLE SERVICE ATTRACTING NO SERVICE CHARGE FROM THE ORGANIZATION OR VOLUNTEERS. Kindly review the different roles and duties as given us by the organization below.
WORKING HOURS PER WEEK: 4-6 hours
DESCRIPTION OF ROLES
Logistics Team – The logistics team is responsible for the co-ordination of onsite logistics (Venue & Core team Co-ordination, Internal Planning, Partner Sessions, Reception & Registration process), and logistics (onsite/off-site operations) teams.
1. Assistance to the Head of the Delegate Servicing (DS) team in logistical management to promote synergy & planning of the events.
2. Coordinate the overall transport plan, including management and communication with the transport companies
3. Assistance with Pre-Event Networking & Press Conferences.
4. On-site Logistics (Venue & Core team, internal planning, breakaway rooms, partner sessions).
5. Coordination of the on-site Human Resources (HR) Team (HR Planning & Resource Allocation) and Delegate Servicing Team.
6. Team reception & registration & logistical management of on-site operations teams.
Ideal Skills/Profile of the Logistics team members
a. Excellent interpersonal & team management skills
b. Strong ability to multi task
c. Excellent planning/execution skills and solution oriented attitude
d. A strong and diverse background in communication
External Relations (ER) Team: The ER team is responsible for fundraising and finding in-kind partnerships to meet the budget for the Lagos world record project. Below are the duties of the ER team before and during the world record attempt:
1. Partnership management (Delivery/Servicing, Partnership Enhancement & Communication).
2. Coordinate with the onsite ER team during the event and responsible for on-site coordination of externals.
3. Follow-up with Partners/Sponsors & Patrons post-world record attempt day.
4. Assist in production and design of project-related publications (Brochures, Website, and Merchandise).
5. Coordination of keynote speakers, government officials and other dignitaries attending the opening ceremony.
Ideal Skills/Profile of the External Relations Team members
a) Strong fundraising background and related competencies (selling and partnership management)
b) A working style that is goal-oriented.
c) A high level of awareness of the external environment in general, and of the Indian Industry in particular.
d) Excellent communication skills
e) Excellent Presentation skills
This team is responsible for the overall communication details of the project as well as development of key messages for all audiences to communicate the project’s core brand identity. The duties of this team are:
1. Oversee the writing of press releases, copy for marketing materials, project reports, advertisements, and other related material.
2. Manage media relations, research editorial opportunities and build relationships with key industry media players.
3. Work closely with the web manager to ensure messaging is consistent with overall marketing and communication of objectives before and after the World Record Attempt.
4. Lead agencies and internal team members, where appropriate, to execute all communication activities and Public Relations (marketing materials, advertising, client communications, direct mail, marketing campaigns, press releases, content for trade publications, etc.).
5. Overall responsibility for social media marketing.
6. Perform related work as required.
Ideal Skills/Profile for Communications Team
a. PR/Media/Journalism/Advertising backgrounds would be preferred.
b. Excellent English language skills and creative writing skills
c. Very good understanding of Web 2.0 and social media tools
d. A basic awareness of the Media & Public Relations environment.
e. Basic knowledge of graphics software like Adobe Photoshop/Corel Draw, HTML editors like MS FrontPage
Delegate servicing team – The delegate servicing team is responsible for the communication with delegates/stakeholders attending the world record event on the 23rd of May, 2013. Below are the duties of this team:
1. Ensuring that each delegate goes back with a WOW! Experience
2. Ensure all systems are in place for delegates’ needs during the world record event- health, personal, safety etc.
3. Maintain delegate help desk during the world record event, provide assistance to delegates, being aware of all relevant information
4. Develop reception systems and work closely with the Head of logistics.
5. Overall responsibility for all immigration related support for international delegates (Guinness World Record team from the UK) attending the event.
Ideal Skills/Profile for Delegate Servicing Team
a. Excellent inter-personal & team management skills.
b. Strong ability to multi-task.
c. Excellent planning and execution skills, solution oriented attitude.
d. Excellent relationship management skills
e. Excellent communication skills
Information Systems (IS) Team – The IS team is responsible for the overall Information Systems that will power the operations of specifics during the World Record event. Below are the duties of the IS team:
a. Development & Maintenance of the project website.
b. Development of the event registration database
c. Planning, developing and implementing the IS budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers where appropriate, to ensure cost effectiveness.
d. Researching and installing new systems;
e. Ensuring the smooth running of all IS systems
f. Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems
g. Ensuring the security of data from internal and external attack and core teams office IS administration.
h. End-to-End IS planning for the conference
i. Overall responsibility for taking the World Record event LIVE!
Ideal Skills/Profile of Information Systems team members
Strong background & experience in:
b. Networking Technology
c. Database Management Software (Oracle/SQL/Lotus Notes)
d. Advanced PC/Internet User Skills
e. Operating Systems (Win7/8, X Windows, Unix/Linux OS, Mac OS)
THE PROJECT ORGANISERS HAVE AN INCENTIVE PACKAGE FOR ALL VOLUNTEERS WHO PARTICIPATE.
HELP SOMEONE FIND OUT: SHARE !
+ Send this as a BC (Broadcast message) if you use a Blackberry (Remember to tell them to re-broadcast).
+ Forward to your email contacts and tell them to forward to their contacts as well
+Re-post this to your website or blog
+ Share this post on Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn, and any other platform you use
We have been informed by the project organisers that the attempt will now take place on July 4, 2013 NO LONGER ON May 23, 2013 . We apologise for any inconvenience.